Category Archives: Music
Jerry Lee Lewis, one of the original recording artists on Sun Records, at the piano in 1957. As you can see, it’s impossible not to get up and move. The link will take you to his website, where you can hear more of Jerry’s music on a 50’s jukebox. Check out Sun for more get up and move classic rock music.
MUSIC – AN EXERCISE MOTIVATOR
Do you know that music can help you start an exercise program? Just pick the music that you like and get up and start moving.
Admit it, when you’re home alone listening to your favorite tunes, don’t you sometimes get up and dance, when no one can see you? Sure you do. Just make it more of a regular habit, and then you’ll get a good cardio workout.
HOME CARDIO DANCE WORKOUTS TIPS
- While you’re dancing around your living room, don’t overdue it. Start with five to seven minutes, every other day.
- Gradually increase your workouts to 10 to 15 minutes.
- While you’re dancing, you should be able to breath, and carry on a simple conversation. If you’re face is beet red, and you’re gasping for air, you’re overdoing it.
- Move furniture, and rugs so you don’t trip over them. The idea is to get healthy exercise, not a broken leg.
- As you get stronger, increase your exercise time to 20 to 30 minutes daily. Don’t rush it. Too much too soon will wear you down, and you’ll get discouraged.
The exercise described in this post isn’t meant to replace the guidance of a personal trainer, in a live setting. Exercises performed incorrectly may result in injury.
Copyright 2012 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training