The Plank Slide Out Is A Bodyweight Exercise That Strengthens Core, Shoulders, Upper Back, and Arms
- Get into an all-fours position on your mat.
- Place a plastic sliding disc under each hand.
- Lift into a plank position with hands under shoulders and arms straight.
- Feet about hip width or slightly wider. Toes curled under.
- Lower down to the down position of a push-up.
- Slide right arm forward into a straight line. Return right arm to start position.
- Repeat the same movement with left arm.
- Push-up with arms straight. Bend elbows and lower down.
- Continue repeating the sliding exercise for desired repetitions.
- Plastic Disc Sliders/Gliders
- Exercise Mat
- Perform the exercise on all fours sliding the disc 4-6 inches, or less from shoulder.
- Eliminate the push-up.
- Move arm forward to tolerance performing quarter or half slides.
EXERCISE DOs and DONTs – As with all exercise programs, when using exercise videos that appear on this site, you need to use common sense. If your muscles are weak, either do the modifications, or don’t attempt this exercise if it’s too difficult for you. When starting an exercise program, be sure to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider