- 1 bunch fresh spinach (about 6 cups of leaves)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup red onion chopped into small pieces
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon water
- Optional seasoning: ground black pepper, salt, dash Tamari
- Trim spinach stems. Wash and dry leaves.
- Cut leaves into bite-size strips.
- Place leaves in a salad bowl. Add pepper, onion and orange slices. Set aside.
- Place sesame seeds in a blender. Grind into a powder.
- Add vinegar, orange juice concentrate, and water. Blend mixture.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Serve.
- Recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.