- Discuss with your doctor about how much weight you should gain during your pregnancy.
- Eat foods rich in folate, iron, calcium, and protein. Consult with your physician about prenatal nutritional supplements.
- Consume a healthy breakfast every day.
- Consume foods high in fiber, and drink plenty of water to avoid constipation.
- Eliminate empty calorie foods, and focus on nutritious eating.
- Avoid alcohol, raw or undercooked fish, fish high in mercury, undercooked meat and poultry, and soft cheeses.
- Be physically active on most, or all, days of the week. If you have health concerns, talk to your physician before you begin.
- After pregnancy, slowly get back to your routine of regular, moderate-intensity physical activity.
- Return to a healthy weight slowly.
Information from the National Institutes of Health
Irene Pastore is a native New Yorker, health and fitness blogger, and personal trainer. Irene owns this website, and writes all the blog posts. For her complete bio, visit the About Page.
Copyright 2016 Irene Pastore and Tour De Core.com