Ten Reasons To Strengthen Your Core
What does the core do? Why is it so important?
A strong core stabilizes, and protects your spine. Professional, and recreational athletes with weak core muscles don’t perform optimally, and are more susceptible to injury.
People with physically demanding jobs that require lifting, moving, pushing or pulling, depend on a strong core to stabilize and protect their spine from eventual dysfunction, and subsequent injury, or chronic back pain. Over 80 percent of all Americans have had, or will have, at least one episode of low back pain during their lifetime.
Where is the core located?
The human torso is where the core muscles and bones are found, right between your shoulders and hips.
The Core Region Covers Half Your Body
The core region contains muscles and bones. If you map it out, you’ll find your core muscles, on your abdomen, low back, pelvis and hips. Core bones consist of your spinal column, pelvis and hip joints.
Ten Good Reasons To Strengthen Your Core
- To save a trip to the emergency room.
- To save time, and money on doctor’s fees, rehab, or surgery.
- To avoid chronic low back pain.
- To prevent, or rehabilitate an injury.
- To improve your ability to generate force and movement during sports.
- To avoid on-the-job injury.
- To acquire more efficient movement, spinal flexibility and strength.
- To improve balance.
- To improve physical fitness.
- To prevent an overuse injury.
Copyright 2014 Irene Pastore and Tour De Core Personal Training
Posted on December 21, 2013, in Core Fitness, Exercise and tagged abdominal strength, back care, Back pain, spinal flexibility. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Ten Reasons To Strengthen Your Core.