Quick Tip: Fast Track To Cutting Calories
SMALL LIFESTYLE CHANGES ADD UP
Don’t get discouraged when you think of cutting back on your food intake. Quick tips will help you begin reducing calories. Start with one, or more changes. Small changes add up. So get going!
Aim for consuming 100 to 200 fewer calories daily.
10 WAYS TO CUT BACK ON CALORIES
- Stop snacking after dinner.
- Give up your evening dessert.
- Drop the latte.
- Eat smaller portions.
- Don’t eat when you’re not hungry.
- Cut down on cookies, or eliminate them.
- Skip the banana. 100 calories.
- Say no to a milkshake. Around 320 calories.
- Everyday cut out two pieces of bread. That’s about 260 calories.
- Replace soda with water, or chilled herbal tea. Regular 12 oz. soda 140 calories, 16 oz. 187.
ADD MORE ACTIVITY TO YOUR ROUTINE
Drive less, walk more. You’ll also save money on gasoline.
Park your car at the end of the parking lot, and take a round-trip brisk walk to the mall.
Walk up stairs instead of using an elevator, or escalator.
Copyright 2013 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training
Posted on April 24, 2013, in Exercise, Lifestyle, Overweight and Obesity, Quick Tips and tagged cutting calories, lifestyle changes, obesity, overweight, Weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.