ZUCCHINI LINGUINE NO GRAIN PASTA
I found out about Zucchini Linguine just browsing the internet. To prepare the noodles, buy or borrow a Vegetable Spiralizer. The model in the photograph is made by World Cuisine, and runs about $35.00 at Amazon. No electricity or batteries needed, and it’s really easy to use. Check it out by clicking this Amazon link World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer.
If you’re trying to cut back, or avoid grains, you can still enjoy eating linguine with your favorite sauce. This is good news for anyone who can’t tolerate gluten, and for those who want to reduce carbohydrates.
This is a no-cook recipe, with prep time a matter of seconds. The meal is healthy, fast, and aesthetically pleasing. You can go all raw by making tomato sauce in your food processor, and top the meal with sliced raw mushrooms.
- 1 Large fresh zucchini
- Fresh tomatoes or your favorite tomato sauce
- Sauteed mushrooms in garlic (garlic granules will suffice if you’re out of fresh garlic, or you’re in a hurry).
- Grated cheese
Food Processor if you’re making your own tomato sauce.
1) Put one firm zucchini through the spiralizer. Takes about 2-3 seconds to produce noodles.
2) Put tomatoes through food processor. If you’re using prepared sauce, skip this step.
3) Sautee mushrooms in fresh garlic. You can substitute garlic granules to save time.
4) Place noodles in dish, add sauce, garlic, and mushrooms.
NOTE: To add color, chop raw red reppers into the noodles. To make it a main dish, add slivers of your favorite protein.
Information in this post is educational. It should not be used to replace medical advice from your physician, or other healthcare provider.
Copyright 2012 Irene Pastore, Blue Moon Personal Training